Hives or urticaria is a skin condition where the skin becomes itchy, raised and swollen. The symptoms of hives may last for a few hours or days depending on the intensity of the allergy attack. In this article, we are going to talk about 5 home remedies you can use to soothe your hives.
How to soothe hives? That is a good question. In this article I want to discuss what you can do to soothe hives.
How to soothe hives?
Hives are an itchy, red rash that can appear on your skin in a variety of patterns. Most often, they’re caused by an allergic reaction to something you’ve eaten or touched. In some cases, they can be caused by stress or anxiety.
If you want to know how to soothe hives and stop them from itching, here are some tips:
1) Apply a cool compress to the affected area. You can use a washcloth soaked in cold water or even just ice cubes wrapped in a cloth or towel. This will help reduce the swelling and itching.
2) Take your antihistamine medication as prescribed by your doctor. Antihistamines are available over-the-counter (OTC) as well as from your doctor’s office and help reduce the severity of an allergic reaction.
3) Take an over-the-counter pain reliever like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil). These medications can help relieve some of the itching associated with hives and other itchy skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
4) Take a cool bath: You can take a cool bath in the tub or shower and then splash yourself with cold water afterward. This will help reduce inflammation and bring down your body temperature while also providing some relief from itching.
5) Use an oatmeal bath: Making an oatmeal bath is easy! Just add some plain oatmeal into the water before taking your bath and let it soak for about 10 minutes before getting into the tub. Oatmeal has been shown to have anti-itch properties which may help reduce inflammation associated with hives.