If you’re one of the unlucky few people who are plagued by itchy hives, there are a few things you can do to help soothe the condition. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is a common over-the-counter medication that can help reduce inflammation and pain. Topical antihistamines like Claritin or Zyrtec may also provide relief.
If you’re plagued by itchy hives, there are a few things you can do to ease the pain and discomfort. A topical ointment or cream may help soothe the symptoms, while over-the-counter antihistamines may provide some relief. But if these remedies don’t work, your doctor may recommend prescription drugs such as hydroxyzine or promethazine.
How To Soothe The Itchy Hives?
If you’re itching all over and your skin is red, swollen, and itchy, you may be suffering from hives. Hives can be a real nuisance, but there are some simple steps you can take to ease the itch and reduce the inflammation. The itchy hives are a common problem that can be difficult to treat. There are many ways to soothe the itchy hives, but some methods work better than others.
Here are five tips:
1) Apply a topical cream or ointment to the affected space. this can facilitate cut back the itch and inflammation.
2) Keep cool and dry the area.
3) Apply a cold compress to the hives. This will help reduce the itch and swelling.
4) Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen to relieve the pain and inflammation.
5) Use over-the-counter medications like calamine lotion or diphenhydramine (Benadryl).
Others use natural remedies, such as baking soda and witch hazel. Still, others use topical treatments like corticosteroid ointments or hydrocortisone cream. The best way to find out what works for you is to experiment until you find a treatment that’s comfortable and effective.