Since I developed allergies and asthma as a child, I have always had a sensitivity to foods. This sensitivity has led to me struggle with knowing what foods are causing hives on my body for all these years.
If you have ever had hives, then you know how unnerving and uncomfortable it can be. Hives are these red, itchy bumps that can appear anywhere on your body. There a few different reasons that hives occur, but the most common ones are food related. If you have food allergies or intolerance’s, then this article might be very helpful to you.
Foods That Cause Hives
Hives are a skin rash that is typically itchy, red and blotchy. They can be caused by many things and can appear on any part of your body. They can also be triggered by foods, so if you are trying to determine what causes hives, it’s important to know the right foods to avoid.
Here are some foods that can cause you to have hives:
- Animal products (meat, fish and shellfish (including shrimp, scallops and crayfish)
- Beverages (caffeine, soda)
- Chocolate and cocoa powder
- Tree nuts, such as almonds, walnuts and cashews
- Milk, cheese and other dairy products (including those that contain lactose)
- Eggs and foods containing eggs (including foods that are made with eggs)
- Soybeans, peanut butter and other soybean products (such as tofu)
- Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, limes, kiwis and grapefruits
- Fruits with seeds like strawberries and raspberries
- Certain spices like cumin and paprika